We are getting ready for the start of our new school year on Monday, August 17th!
The BCM will be open Monday thru Thursday, 8am-4pm. These hours are subject to change.
Below are our official policies and procedures in response to COVID-19 for the Fall semester of 2020.
● Thermal Temp Checks will be administered at any indoor event/activity at the
BCM where 25 people may be gathered.
● Any person with a temp registering 100° or higher will not be allowed entry and
will be asked to head back to their residence.
● SLU students will sign-in any time they enter the BCM building or attend a BCM
event. If a student begins to show symptoms of COVID-19 they will be restricted
from entering the BCM until a negative test is produced (documentation
required). If they test positive for COVID-19 and were in attendance at a small
group, dinner, worship gathering, etc. hosted by the BCM, all those in attendance
will be notified of the potential exposure and will be asked to monitor their
● If a student tests positive for COVID-19 and was in the BCM building, the BCM
will be closed for 24-48 hours to allow for deep cleaning and sanitizing. Any
programs scheduled to be in the building during the closure period will either be
rescheduled at a later time, moved to a new location, or canceled.
● If a staff person is showing symptoms of exposure to COVID-19, they should
immediately contact Matt and let him know. They are to remain home and if
symptoms worsen they are to get tested for COVID-19. If their results come back
negative, they can return to campus once they are feeling well. If their results are
positive, they must remain home until a negative test result is produced.
● If a staff person is in isolation due to a positive test but is asymptomatic, they can
host their small groups via Zoom but are not to meet face to face with students or
other staff until a negative test result is produced.
● Students or Staff who believe they have been exposed to COVID-19 should wait
5 days after their potential exposure date to get tested in order to get the most
accurate result possible.
● The BCM building cannot be occupied without a staff member or member of the
Leadership Team present.
● Building will be cleaned daily. Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout
the BCM building.
● Masks are required for both indoor and outdoor events and gatherings.
● Eating inside the BCM is prohibited.
● The BCM will follow all Southeastern Louisiana University campus
policies/procedures related to COVID-19.
● The BCM staff and leadership will model social distancing of at least 6ft.
Furniture in the building will be arranged to accommodate social distancing.
Signage will be posted in the building to notify patrons of our policies and
requirements related to COVID-19.
As things change and progress, we will update our website and social media to inform you of new policies. Stay posted!